9/03/2012

MOA Countdown Day Three!

That title is so much better, it's not as long as the actual one.. 

Just a friendly reminder:

Through September I'll post all the things that I’m looking forward to in Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan and sort of hoping/thinking that could happen. A post every day! If I can stay in schedule, it's surely a miracle. 

Of course I hope I'm amusing someone else besides myself and I’d love to hear what you think, if you agree or disagree or if I missed something. Obviously not every thing is going to make the list, since I have exactly 32 things to post. The last one will go up on October 2nd. And if you're wondering, these are not in any special order. 

Today's post is going to be one of the things I've missed and am most definitely (hey, I spelled that right!) looking forward to. There are a few of these. 


3) Leo Valdez. 

Okay, raise your hand is you loved him the moment he opened his mouth? I sure did. While there's nothing wrong with Hazel or Frank (most certainly not!), when Leo popped up in the of SoN, I squealed. 

Personally, Leo remins me of Percy. He doesn't believe in himself that much, he's loyal and incredibly funny. But most of all, I fell in love with him just as fast as I did with Percy. 

The fun guys of the group are my weak spot, they get me everytime, but there's just something about Leo. He's somehow so young even though he's been through a lot and can take care of himself. But maybe it's his past that makes him so vulnerable somehow and I just wanna hug him and tell him that he's awesome. 

It going to be interesting to see how he's going to act around the Romans and how they're going to react to him - for some reason I have a feeling that when they touch down, Octavian's going to start screaming for someone to attack and Leo's going to be all "Chill dude, we come in peace" and just generally be awesome. And I really can't wait for the Romans' reaction to Leo, since they're more rule-following and serious and here's a total goofball who's the commander of the ship and its designer. 

And, it's also exciting to see what's his role in this upcoming war and what is going on with him and Nemesis. There's so much we don't know yet!
And my little shipper heart can't wait for him to meet Reyna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment