9/02/2012

Day Two: Countdown to Mark of Athena

Welcome to day two of the Countdown to Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan. (Dayum, that's a mouthful.) 

Through September I'll post all the things that I’m looking forward to in the book and sort of hoping/thinking that could happen. A post every day! If I can stay in schedule, it's surely a miracle. 

Of course I hope I'm amusing someone else besides myself and I’d love to hear what you think, if you agree or disagree or if I missed something. Obviously not every thing is going to make the list, since I have exactly 32 things to post. The last one will go up on October 2nd. And if you're wondering, these are not in any special order. 


Here's number two:

2) All the demigods using their demigod-ly powers. 

Basically, I adore the battle scenes (or what should I call them) Riordan writes. They're not the main thing in the books but they're a part of them and most of the time they're awesome and you're lying if you're not holding your breath sometimes. Riordan doesn't glamorize anything, so it doesn't feel like a bloodshed, no matter if  they're fighting a Minotaur or dozens of Earthborns. 

And I love how there's some humor in there, too. 

But yes, I adore the battle scenes and especially, when one of the more obviously gifted ones bust a move that saves everyone's asses. So I'm looking forward to all the newly reunited and befriended heroes to kick some villain ass. 

Special mention goes to Piper's charmspeak (am I the only one who wants to see Drew in there, too?), Leo's fire power and genius machine-building-talents, Jason throwing around some lighting and of course Percy with his waterbending (it's the only word I could come up with!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment