9/01/2012

Countdown to Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

I'm on a PJO readathon, trying to prepare myself for Mark of Athena (also, I was bored) and I had a thought about what I was hoping could happen in it. Soon, I had twenty things written down and this list was born.

Through September I'll post all the things that I’m looking forward to in the book and sort of hoping/thinking that could happen. A post every day! If I can stay in schedule, it's surely a miracle. 

Of course I hope I'm amusing someone else besides myself and I’d love to hear what you think, if you agree or disagree or if I missed something. Obviously not every thing is going to make the list, since I have exactly 32 things to post. The last one will go up on October 2nd.  

So here goes number one on the Countdown list to Mark of Athena: 

1) Annabeth Chase. 


I thought we'd start with a bang. Obviously, it's going to be interesting to see inside Annabeth's head, since we've always seen her through Percy's eyes. Even more obviously this Mark of Athena thing sounds like serious trouble for everyone and it sounds like she might be in trouble, too. 

But I have personal stakes in this one. Annabeth's never clicked for me beyond being possibly the best girlfriend Percy could have. But I'd like to know more about her. Yeah, it sounds weird even inside my head, but I've never felt any like or dislike for Annabeth, she's just been there. 

And since I keep seeing this insane amount of hate towards her - for no obvious reason as far as I can tell, it's going to be interesting to see the fandom's reaction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment