9/06/2012

MoA Countdown Day Six


Through September I'll post all the things that I’m looking forward to in Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan and sort of hoping/thinking that could happen. A post every day! If I can stay in schedule, it's surely a miracle. 

Of course I hope I'm amusing someone else besides myself and I’d love to hear what you think, if you agree or disagree or if I missed something. Obviously not every thing is going to make the list, since I have exactly 32 things to post. The last one will go up on October 2nd. And if you're wondering, these are not in any special order. 

6) Someone kicking Octavian's ass

Okay, this one's maybe my favorite in the whole list. 

There's nothing wrong with Octavian, but he just seems to be driven so much by his own selfish desires that he ends up hurting others along the way. I mean, if he learns that Ella can remember the Sibylline books, he probably won't care about her but will just use her. He reminds me a lot of Phineas. 
And, I'm still convinced that he's the one who stabbed Gwen in the back just because he was mad that the Fifth Cohort had won. 
I'd really like somebody to teach him a lesson - most preferably by Annabeth in his own game, but I won't say no to a literal ass-kicking. 

He actually seems like a smart guy and like he could be a decent guy - and he's written well. But he’s just one of those characters who are driven by their own desires and what they think is best but really might not be. 

So I hope someone'll show him that, so that he'll work with everyone towards defeating the Giants instead of thinking about being the strongest guy at camp. 



No comments:

Post a Comment