9/08/2012

MoA Countdown Day Eight! (It IS the eigth!)

Through September I'll post all the things that I’m looking forward to in Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan and sort of hoping/thinking that could happen. A post every day! If I can stay in schedule, it's surely a miracle. 


Of course I hope I'm amusing someone else besides myself and I’d love to hear what you think, if you agree or disagree or if I missed something. Obviously not every thing is going to make the list, since I have exactly 32 things to post. The last one will go up on October 2nd. And if you're wondering, these are not in any special order. 

8) Percy and Annabeth's reunion

This might just be the most coveted thing in the upcoming book. Almost all the talk about this book concentrates on these two. And I think it just might be for a good reason..

But really, this reunion just might be painful - I don't think Annabeth knows how much Percy remembers (since he had the advantage of Gorgon blood and Jason didn't and he doesn't remember everything) and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t want to make a big deal out of it in the middle of possible foes. It’s been eight months since they last saw, so I am hoping for a hug, maybe some slow motion running towards each other? 

But it’s at least going to be awkward since all the Romans are ready to attack. 

And I bet that Octavian’s going to start shouting something about Percy being a spy the moment he realizes Annabeth is his girlfriend. And that's the part I might be looking forward to a lot? 

No comments:

Post a Comment